We are pleased to announce the Joint CRM-Imperial College School and Workshop in Complex Systems, which will take place from April 8 to 13, 2013 at the Centre de Recerca Matemàtica, Bellaterra, Barcelona and in the Institut d’Estudis Catalans, Barcelona.
The structure of this school + workshop will be:
1) Plenary lecture, by Stefan Thurner, Medical University of Vienna
2) Contributed Talks
4) School Courses: 6 courses will be offered by leading experts:
- Dynamics of Complex Systems (intermittency, stability, etc.).
Henrik J. Jensen, Imperial College London.
- Critical Phenomena and Percolation Theory.
Kim Christensen, Imperial College London.
- Percolation in Complex Networks.
Marián Boguñá, Universitat de Barcelona
- Non-Equilibrium Phase Transitions, Field Theory and Self-Organised Criticality.
Gunnar Pruessner, Imperial College London,
- Complex Networks and Hidden Metric Spaces: Internet, Metabolic Networks…
M. Ángeles Serrano, Universitat de Barcelona.
- Multifractal Formalism: from models for turbulent flows to applications in ocean remote sensing.
Antonio Turiel, Institut de Ciències del Mar, Barcelona.
5) Problem-solving classes: directly related to the contents of the courses.
January 27, 2013 (lodging and registration grant application)
March 8, 2013 (contributed talks and posters)
March 18, 2013 (registration and payment)
If you wish to submit a talk or a poster, please send the required information to
Ms Núria Hernandez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
A website for this activity can be accessed through the following link: