You may be interested in coming to the 1-day Scientific Meeting on Social Media and Social Networks at the Moeller Centre (http://www.mollercentre.co.uk/) in Cambridge on 18th January 2012, sponsored by the FP7 ASSYST co-ordination action.
The meeting straddles the boundary between leading edge researchers in academia and industry.
Distinguished industry participants include:
- Sally Adee (New Scientist);
- Bernardo Huberman (Director, Social Computing Lab, HP, Palo Alto);
- Ricardo Baeza-Yeates (VP Research for Europe and Latin America, Yahoo);
- Miranda Mowbray (HP Security Research);
Academic contributors from mathematics, and the natural and human sciences include:
- Michal Batty (Chairman, Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis, University College London);
- Jonathan Cave (Senior Research Fellow, RAND Europe; Professor in Economics, University of Warwick).
- Martin Everett (Chair in Social Network Analysis, Mitchell Centre for Social Network Analysis, Manchester);
- Dan Fox (Co-odinator, Institute for Security & Resilience Studies University College London)
- Sanjeev Goyal (Professor of Economics , Cambridge);
- Peter Grindrod (Director, Centre for Mathematics of Human Behaviour, University of Reading)
- Lucy Hooberman Director of Digital Media and Innovation, Digital Labs, University of Warwick
- Cecilia Mascolo (Reader, Reader in Mobile Systems, Computer Laboratory Cambridge);
- John Naughton (Vice-President, Wolfson College, Press Fellowship Programme);
- Maxi San Miguel (Director, Institute for Cross-Disciplinary Physics and Complex Systems, CSIC-UIB, Palma de Mallorca);
- Philip Seib (Professor of Journalism and Director, The University of Southern California Center on Public Diplomacy; Public Diplomacy)
A program will circulate shortly. There is no charge for attending, but places are limited and registration is necessary.
If you would like to join us please send an e-mail to Yasmin.Merali@wbs.ac.uk with the subject line "Social Networks and Social Media Meeting" as soon as possible.